#MayDay is upon us, and this show of solidarity couldn’t be more important.
Our struggles are one, as we all face a system that only works for the 1%. We strike to support each other, and to collectively cry out “Enough!”
On May 1st, 2012, We call on everyone to join us: No work! No school! No shopping! Take the streets!
- Want to help tell the Occupy story? Visit map.occupy.net for a crowdsourced history of the movement, where you can find and add news, photos and videos as events unfold.
- Want a tactical tool to help keep you safe, mobile, and informed? View sukey.org/mayday on your smartphone for a timely overview of what’s happening on the ground. Tweet with #sukeynyc to send us reports, photos or videos - or submit a report to Sukey directly, when you click on the dinosaur head to bring up a menu and then select the reporting tool.
- Use Vibe on your iPhone or Android device to post #M1NYC or #MayDay updates with complete anonymity.
- Listen to MayDay Radio (maydayradio.occupy.net) live on your smartphone - or FM radio!
- Watch Media for the 99 Percent (mediaforthe99percent.com) for nationwide live TV, streaming, and breaking news from a consortium of independent media.
- Text “@MayDayAction” to 23559 for day-of text updates on ongoing events.
8 AM–2 PM: Bryant Park
A fun and family-friendly Pop-up Occupation, featuring a strong presence of mutual aid—free food, a free market, skillshares, workshops, and learn-ins—and public art like flashmob film-making and poetry assemblies, and rehearsal for the Guitarmy at noon.
This will be a launching ground for direct action and civil disobedience in Midtown, including 99 pickets, and other creative disruptions against the corporations who rule our city!
10 AM–3 PM: Free University
This May Day The Free University will spring up in Madison Square Park. The Free University is an open invitation to educators around New York City to participate in May Day 2012.
Lectures, workshops, skill-shares, and discussions will be held — all open to the public. University professors will bring their classes to the commons.
2 PM: March to Union Sq
March from Bryant Park to Union Square and make music with the Occupy Guitarmy led by Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine! OWS Music is enlisting 1,000 guitar-playing musicians to join this march. Please contact OWS Music if you would like to be a specialist.
The OWS Meditation working group will also be joining with a Tai Chi meditation walk.
4 PM: Solidarity Rally (Permitted)
The May Day Solidarity Coalition has organized an historic convergence of the 99%!
Join labor unions, May 1st Coalition For Worker and Immigrant Rights, students, OWS, and faith & community groups for a massive rally at Union Square.
Musical performances by Das Racist, Dan Deacon, Tom Morello, Immortal Technique, Bobby Sanabria, and other special guests.
5:30 PM: Solidarity March (Permitted)
A permitted march with a coalition of labor, immigrant, OWS, community, student, and faith organizations.
Together we will march from Union Square into the heart of corporate corruption on Wall Street.
8 PM: AFTERPARTY
Join Occupy Wall Street for the Haymarket Martyrs Memorial Resistance Rager.
Please visit www.maydaynyc.org for more information.