Last September 17th, as part of a wave of global protest, people from across the country raced to the heart of New York's financial district to occupy Wall Street. In the face of big banks foreclosing on our homes, killing our jobs, buying up our democracy, and turning our environment into just another toxic asset, you showed up, and we became the 99%.
For years, people all over the world have been crippled by the corporate greed of the 1%. They build their bonuses out of stolen pensions of teachers, civil servants, and our neighbors. We pay for their welfare. They bet and borrow against our future. We drown in debt. So who is really in debt to whom? Now our elected representatives want us to embrace austerity–work harder for less, retire later (if at all), and say goodbye to our fundamental labor protections. They're betting on our obedience. They're betting wrong.
Join us for three days of education, celebration and resistance to economic injustice with permitted convergences and assemblies, concerts, and mass civil disobedience.
Washington Square Park, 5th Ave and Waverly.
- 10:30 am-12:30pm – Welcome and Orientation Activities, Lunch
- 12:30pm-4pm – Inaugural Assembly and Thematic Breakout Groups
- 4pm-6:30pm – S17 Action Trainings
- 6:30pm-7pm – Closing Assembly
- 7:30pm – 9pm – Debt Resistors’ Operation Manual Book Launch
- 8:00 – 10:00pm - S17 Affinity Group Spokescouncil in Washington Square Park
- 10am-1pm– Spectra Frack Pipeline Blast Zone March with the Occupy Guitarmy Spectra Energy Pipeline Construction Site (Gansevoort and Hudson River Greenway)
- 12pm-7pm – Occupy Town Square @ Thomas Paine Park on Worth St. between Lafayette and Centre
- 1pm-6pm – Concert @ Foley Square (north end of Paine Park)
- 6:30pm-7:30pm – Direct Action and Know Your Rights Trainings@ Foley Square
- 7:30pm – Occupy Rosh Hashanah Services @ Liberty Plaza
- 8:00pm-10:00pm – S17 Affinity Group Spokescouncil
- 7am – The People’s Wall: A non-violent civil disobedience at the Stock Exchange
- 7am - 99 Revolutions: a swirl of mobile intersection occupations throughout the Financial District
- 10am – Storm Wall Street: An ecologically themed convergence for a sustainable future @ Bowling Green
- 12pm – 2pm – The 99% Returns to Wall Street Assembly @ Liberty Square or Foley Square, to be determined based on conditions on the ground
- 2pm – 6pm – What are your 99 Solutions? @ Liberty Square or Foley Square, to be determined based on conditions on the ground
- 6pm – 8pm: Popular Assembly @ Foley Square
- Visit s17nyc.org
- Sign up for text updates by texting