Occupy These Upcoming Events
Wednesday, June 27th, 8:00am
- Occupy The Citi
- Citigroup Building - One Court Square- Long Island City
- Occupy Astoria LIC invites everyone for a day of public outrage and education, with special guests, as we #OccupyTheCiti. Four years ago, Citigroup and the Wall Street banks crashed the world economy. We will gather, hold teach-ins, and speak truth to power.
Wednesday, June 27th, 6:30pm
- OWS Labor Alliance Forum on Closing of Post Offices & Firing of Postal Workers
- PSC Office at 61 Broadway, 16th Floor (you’ll need photo ID to get in)
- Join us for a program about how it is not the internet, not the recession, not private competition, but Congress that is killing the US postal service. Hear from Chuck Zlatkin, the Legislative and Political Director of the New York Metro Area Postal Union, APWU, AFL-CIO, about how we can fight the union busting!
Friday June 29th, 6:00pm
- Community Meeting to Discuss the General Assembly
- Liberty Square
- Come discuss our decision-making structures and the consensus process we are using at Occupy Wall Street. Our goal is to rebuild or replace the parts that didn't work, and reclaim that which did. We hope to come together as a group once again, and work more closely together again as we had once before.
Saturday, June 30th, 12:00pm
- Week 6 Summer Disobedience School: Expose Media Lies / Confront Fox News
- Central Park at Columbus Circle
- Come and bring truth to power as we expose FOX News and NY POST for the slanderous hacks they are! If you'd like to do an additional action or have a discussion you'd like to host please, email Week 6 coordinator: billy.livsey [at] gmail.com
Saturday, June 30th - Wednesday, July 4th
- National Gathering in Philly
- Independence Mall in Philadelphia
- Occupy movement activists and supporters from across the country will gather in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for the first Occupy National Gathering. The main goals of the event are to strengthen our internal bonds, join together in direct actions, and engage in a transparent democratic process reflecting the values of the movement.
Tuesday, July 3, 6:00pm
- Occupy Public Access Brooklyn: Free Orientations at BCAT-TV
- Brooklyn Center for Media Education
- This new OWS TV show will begin to air in July on BCAT-TV Brooklyn public access! If you would like to help us shoot the show in the studio or field, please take at least one of the TV Production courses that qualify one to be a Certified Producer. To take any of these courses you must first take a free 2-hour orientation.
Sunday, July 8th, 11:00am
- Occupy Town Square: Bushwick
- Maria Hernandez Park
- Occupy Bushwick & Occupy Town Square present a day of teach-ins, political discussion, food, music, and celebration! Come share your ideas and stories, learn about the movement, argue with us, collaborate with us.
Save the Date
July 14th and 15th, 10:00am - 6:00pm
- Occupy the Stage Scene Creation Workshop
- Brooklyn Free School, 372 Clinton Avenue Brooklyn, NY 11238
- OWS stakeholders, actors and creatives gather to dialogue about intersecting dynamics of oppression and marginalization within and outside the Occupy movement. Using Theatre of Oppressed techniques, participants will create theatrical scenes that enact oppression, struggle and resistance, as well as ideas for next steps and action in OWS. The scenes can be recycled and re-performed anywhere to help spark dialogue and communicate messages of social justice. Please join for this 2 day workshop!
This Week’s Featured Occu-Project
Doctors for the 99%
- We are a group of physicians from the Bronx launching a national campaign to rally support for the Occupy movement among physicians. We are creating a decentralized network of activist physicians, under the banner of Doctors for the 99%, to thrust the themes of Occupy into our medical communities and to re-invigorate fundamental advocacy roots within our professional ethos. We intend to build up our base before upcoming days of Direct Action. We are promoting a button campaign and utilizing most major social media platforms in conjunction with a web platform to facilitate communication and raise awareness.
Connect. Collaborate. Contribute.
For Text Message alerts on your cellphone about daily events, actions, and important information, sign up for the ComHub SMS blasts by texting @owscom to 23559.