Support Kimani Gray's community and all communities of color besieged by police violence, by coming out for a MASS MARCH SUNDAY THE 24TH. 3 pm, from the site of Kiki's daily vigil at 55th and Church, marching to the 67th precinct.
Guidelines for outside allies:
Keep in mind that people from outside the neighborhood should come as supporters and take a back seat. Here are some tips on how to show respect when you arrive (these are tips from OWS, not asked of us by community members):
- Do not mic check at these demonstrations. That's for East Flatbush residents and march Organizers to take the lead on. If you do so, and you are not a resident or long-time Organizer in the area, we will know you are not with Occupy Wall Street.
- If you choose to take photographs, ask people's permission.
- Feel free to livestream or film police activity: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/index.php?title=Broadcast_live
When asked whether people from outside the neighborhood should be coming by, a longtime Organizer had this advice to give: "Come, yes. But don't come if you are not internally organized. Come. Come if you can take a back seat. Come if you plan to develop real relationships and maintain them over the long-haul."
In Oakland there will be a solidarity rally, March 21st at 5pm #OaklandProtest in #solidarity w/ #BrooklynProtest
- Share March for Justice for Kimani Gray, Gunned Down by Police At 16 Years of Age on Facebook
- Tweet March for Justice for Kimani Gray, Gunned Down by Police At 16 Years of Age!
- Share March for Justice for Kimani Gray, Gunned Down by Police At 16 Years of Age on Google +
- Reddit March for Justice for Kimani Gray, Gunned Down by Police At 16 Years of Age!