As part of our summer series, Free University-NYC welcomes one and all to learn and share how to "Reclaim the Commons." The future of our diverse communities’ struggles are inextricably linked, as is our need for space to strategize together in person.
Join us Saturday, July 20, 1-5 pm, at 16 Beaver St.
We invite you to contribute a workshop / lead a discussion about community justice projects, lessons from past struggles, and ideas for future victories.
Among the classes that will be offered
- How Does Housing Influence Gender Roles?
- Food Justice & Food Sovereignty
- Holding the NYPD Accountable: Community Organizing and People Power
- The History of Crime & Punishment in America
- Extreme Energy Extraction v. The Commons
- Stop, Drop, and Roll: From Fossil Fuel Divestment to Reinvestment
- Teach/learn at The Public School
- Overtested and indebted: Critiquing and Imagining Education (Together)
- Zine Workshop
- Moving Freely
- Parks: The Gateway Space
- ...And more!
Come join us in the park!
“The right to the city is far more than the individual liberty to access urban resources: it is a right to change ourselves by changing the city.” - David Harvey
“It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences.” - Audre Lorde